NOTE: ARCHIVED NEWS MAY BE OUT OF DATE OR NO LONGER RELEVANT AT ALL
Future [Monday, October 7, 2013]
This section has been left to rot over the years... not really sure what to do with it anymore.
Project64 2.0 [Monday, April 15, 2013]
Working towards a fairly up-to-date issues list for Project64 2.0, stay tuned.
More Updates [Saturday, September 4, 2010]
Various emulator page updates and expansion. Also added and updated some UCLs and cleaned up a few things.
Site Updates [Tuesday, July 6, 2010]
Began working on Mupen64 UCL, and updated Project64 UCL.
World Driver Championship...Playable? [Monday, July 5, 2010]
A little-known graphics plugin by the name of z64gl was released quite some time ago, which further explored the realm of low level emulated graphics. HLE graphics plugins do not yet understand the microcode used in several N64 games. Using z64gl, in combination with angrylion's RSP, World Driver Championship is fully playable on Project64 1.6. A problem you will encounter, is broken sound. Perfect sound can be achieved by following the instructions in the Top Gear Rally article below. However, you must first make a save state while using Jabo's sound at the main menu, then load the state while using the old Azimer plugin. Playable speeds require a very powerful system. Downloads can be found at the z64gl thread at EmuTalk. Stunt Racer 64 will also work with these plugins. Please note that both games must use the Interpreter setting, located in Options > Settings > ROM Settings.
Sound in Top Gear Rally! [Wednesday, June 9, 2010]
Those of you who have tried playing this game on Project64 have had little or no success with sound, right? Well a semi-fix has been discovered! Users of Mupen64 0.5.1 or Project64 22.214.171.124 will now be able to play this game with sound.
There are a few steps to the procedure:
1) Download an old version of Azimer's sound plugin known as 'Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver)'.
2) Save the plugin DLL to your plugin folder.
3) For Mupen64 0.5.1, go to Options >Settings >Advanced Settings tab, and make sure 'No Audio Delay' is unticked. Then return to the Plugins tab and select 'Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver)' as your audio plugin, and click OK.
4) For Project64 126.96.36.199, go to Options >Settings, and select 'Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver)' as your audio plugin, and click OK.
5) Run your Top Gear Rally ROM (E, J, or U is fine)
6) Go to Audio Settings (Mupen64 0.5.1), or Configure Audio Plugin (Project64 188.8.131.52), untick 'Enable Audio Fix', and slide the buffer to minimum.
7) Click OK for sound in Top Gear Rally!
- Please note that the sound becomes extremely choppy in places (core issue).
The Retro Corner [Friday, May 21, 2010]
Well here we are! The Retro Corner is finally up. The lack of content is not permanent, as website content will be updated regularly.